About Ashvin Parekh
Ashvin was senior partner in EY and heading the financial services division until June 2013. Prior to that he held the position of Executive Director of Deloitte, India from July 2002 till June 2005. He has also served at senior positions in Arthur Anderson, PwC, KPMG and Hindustan Lever Ltd. in UK, Dubai, Australia, Germany and the US on Partner Secondment programs.
Experience In Financial Services
During his tenure, he has successfully completed more than 700 projects in the course of 33 years. Ashvin’s work has been focused on the areas of business strategy and capital expansion, with more than 45 transactions in the areas of JV and M&A. He was involved in formation of 4 new banks in India.
Ashvin is registered as an expert in financial services sector with the World Bank and the Asian Development Bank and works closely with the Government of India. In the past 5 years, he has been on 9 committees set up by the Ministry of Finance.
He has been a member of several committees set up by the RBI, IRDAI and SEBI and is instrumental in bringing about reforms in the financial sector. He is frequently invited by top media houses to share his insights on current developments in this industry.
He is regularly invited to contribute his views and articles to both the visual and print media of the country. Some of his published article are:
- Crash crunch and peoples’ suffering will continue till March, 2017: Ashvin Parekh to India Today on demonetisation
- One step forward, many backward: Ashvin Parekh to The Business Standard on the insurance sector
- A big step forward in reinsurance sector: Ashvin Parekh to The Business Standard
- The new finance code: Debate and the aftermath: Ashvin Parekh to The Business Standard
- What the amended insurance policy means for ceos of joint ventures: Ashvin Parekh to The Economic Times
He is a qualified Chartered Accountant, Company Secretary and Cost and Work Accountant. He has completed his executive MBA from INSEAD.